Friday 16 August 2013

Day 82 (07/27): Paul Collins - Sixpence House: Lost in a Town of Books


Paul Collins - Sixpence House:

Lost in a Town of Books
Considering today's book is about Hay-on-Wye (HAY-ON-WYE!!!!!!) and I love travelling, here are some book-based travel destinations on my list :).

- Hay-on-Wye. Basically my hometown. See review below.
- For the same reason: Montelieu in France, Stillwater, Minnesota, and Gold Cities BookTown, Grass Valley, California, in the U.S. and Redu, Belgium. No need to go to Japan (Jinbōchō, Tokyo), I can't read Japanese books, this would be too depressing.
- For the same reason also Mühlbeck, which is about 2.5 hours away from me AND I NEVER KNEW!
- Cecil Court. Bookshops over bookshops, and a look that inspired Diagon Alley. (And it's in London, which makes it absolutely ideal for a visit while I'm there to seeThe British Library.)
- The Library of Congress. I'm not a patriotic American, but I'd love to see it. If only because the architecture looks stunning.
- International Book Fair, Frankfurt am Main. I KNOW that "our" book fair in Leipzig is almost as big and way cooler due to cosplay and things, but all of my favourite authors only come to Frankfurt. (You may have realized that this annoys me.)

(4*-review of today's book under the cut)

No comments:

Post a Comment